Saturday, November 3, 2012

Better-Than-Almost-Anything Cake


A few years ago I found a recipe on the bake of a cake mix box, that sounded interesting.  So I decided to give it a try.  It turned out to become my favorite cake to eat, and make to take somewhere.  There is never any left.  A great success.  So I thought I would share.

 
Better-Than-Almost-Anything Cake
 
 
 1     box Betty Crocker® SuperMoist® German chocolate cake mix
        Water, vegetable oil and eggs called for on cake mix box
1      can (14 oz) sweetened condensed milk
1      jar (16 to 17 oz) caramel, butterscotch or fudge topping
1      container (8 oz) frozen whipped topping, thawed
1      bag (8 oz) toffee chips or bits 
 
 
 
Directions
1.   Heat oven to 350°F (325°F for dark or nonstick pan). Make and bake cake as directed on box for 13x9-inch pan. Cool 15 minutes.

2.   Poke top of warm cake every 1/2 inch with handle end of wooden spoon. Drizzle condensed milk evenly over top of cake; let stand until milk has been absorbed into cake. Drizzle with caramel topping. Run knife around sides of pan to loosen cake. Cover and refrigerate about 2 hours or until chilled.

3.   Spread whipped topping over top of cake. Sprinkle with toffee bits. Store covered in refrigerator.


I hope that you enjoy as much as I do.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...