Thursday, November 24, 2011

Skipped Thanksgiving

So I wouldn't be much of a blogger if I didn't make a Thanksgiving post.  But in reality I skipped Thanksgiving this year.  Mom and I got into a fight over something petty before dinner and I decided that I was not going to go and be angry and resentful because I had to be there, and I didn't want to be around my mother.

I was having mean and hateful thoughts about her.  So I stood my ground and decided to skip the family get-together.  It was very empowering.  I stayed home and had the house to myself and took a nap and then did some things on the computer.

The things I am thankful for, well today I chose to focus on the little things
  • A day of not counting calories, nutritional information, etc.
  • The taste of orange and pineapple cheesecake
  • The taste of turkey and mashed potatoes and stuffing and corn
  • Taking a nap
  • And not having to participate in the family get-together
  • Having support group tonight
  • And the friends that helped me to get through today
  • God and the gifts he brings, even in the bad times

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...