Monday, October 15, 2012

Am I really being Judged?

One of the things I really hate about Borderline Personality Disorder and Social Anxiety is the fact that you often feel that people are judging you, whether they really are or not.  This can be really problematic, especially if like me, you are a people pleaser.  Because in your own distorted perceptions you may feel people are judging you and you don't feel like you measure up.

However in reality, things may be very different.  No one may be judging you at all.  But because it is in your mind that others are judging you....you start behaving as though they are and you began to act as though they can't be trusted.

This can be very confusing for someone, when they don't know the battle going on in your mind.  I haven't learned (I don't think) the skills for dealing with this yet, and if I have, I am not aware of it.  It makes for a pretty conflicting time.

I know so little about BPD and how that really interacts with my other problems.  But I can remember this bit from the description and for now I know that it is not just the social anxiety as I had thought in the past.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thank you for such a fantastic web site. On what other blog could anyone get this kind of information written in such an insightful way? I have a presentation that I am just now working on, and I have been looking for such info.

Unknown said...

Thank You! I am glad that I could help. Sorry for the delay in replying to your message, it somehow ended up in spam.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...