Thursday, September 29, 2011

Possible Change in Diagnosis

I don't believe that I have mentioned here yet that some of the recent therapists and psychiatrists and my peer helper have noticed some warning signs and traits of Borderline Personality Disorder.  The therapists and psychiatrists felt that it was almost definitive.

I don't know a lot about it right now.  But I am not getting overly worried about it until I see what the Full Psychological Evaluation reveals that I am going to take at UNCG.  There is a 4 to 6 week waiting period. 

However, I believe that the new therapist that I have found will be able to do DBT which is what they treat BPD with.  I am trying to educate myself on the new potential diagnosis, but not worrying about the outcome, just waiting to see what the test reveals.  The results will clarify things with me, and I will know how to deal with it.

I look at it this way, knowledge is power.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...