Friday, July 22, 2011

Sandals

In my creative writing class today at the Mental Health Association, we were provided pictures and asked to write on those pictures, mine was sandals.




Walking along the beach in a yellow sundress and my new yellow sandals. I enjoy the feel of the sand as it gets on my feet, the breeze in the air. Listening to the waves crash upon the beach.

The sandals leave me feeling special, and yet revealed. I generally keep my feet covered. I guess much as I keep my real self covered, hiding it from the real world.

The sandals leave my feet open and vulnerable as I leave myself when I chance to drop the walls around me and let others in to see the real me.

The sandals are pretty and fashionable, as some would say about me, but I feel more comfortable in sneakers, being covered and safer from things that could hurt me, much like I prefer to hide behind my walls.

But I leave the comfort behind and wear the sandals leaving myself open much as I am doing as I learn to open myself up to others.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...