Saturday, July 23, 2011

How are you blind to the things in this life?

I asked you yesterday how you were blind to the things of this life. I promised to post mine so here it is.

I would say I am blind when I get caught in the daily grind and forget to stop and see the many gifts of others and myself. Blind when I fail to notice my many blessings. Blind to the truth when I get caught in the tangled thoughts of my distorted mind. Blind when I fail to look at my niece and don't notice the pure innocence of childhood. Or when I fail to take time to engage in play for a few moments with the puppy.

Blind when I am so wrapped up in myself that I see nothing else. Not seeing or caring about the people around me, missing the gift of having each one in my life.

Blind when I fail to see God's hand at work in my life through the many daily gifts that he presents to me, such as the beauty of nature.

But I am not blind when I intentionally and on purpose look for the things that I would otherwise fail to notice in the rush of life. Savoring every second, every moment, and not rushing headlong to the next thing.

Simply noticing. Simply being. Totally engaged. Receiving many blessings when I am not blind to see them.

I become blind when I become self absorbed, and nothing else matters. But when I look beyond me, I find that then is when I can truly see.

Truly seeing opens up a whole new world to explore, and allows me to truly be thankful for all things.

Then I am not blind.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...