Saturday, December 1, 2012

Christmas Season

There is so much to the Christmas season.  Shopping, family gatherings, music and movies.  Sometimes it can weigh heavy on a person, and I have honestly spent many Christmases kind of down in the dumps.  I hope that this year will be different.  But in the past I would get disgusted at Christmas time because I would look  at my life, and feel like it wasn't where it should be.  I am 34, still single and no kids.  This was not how I pictured life.  In fact, I thought I would have been married and at least have had someone I loved to spend the holidays with.  That has not been the case.

But more and more I am looking at what I do have to be thankful for and the real reason for Christmas.  I am hoping that intentional focus this year, and the fact that depression isn't prominent, will keep me from not enjoying my holiday.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...