Thursday, September 6, 2012

Failure in the world's eyes

I was sharing on a website some thoughts I had last night.  Because in the eyes of the world, I am a failure.  I am 33 living at home with my mom, can't keep a job, and nothing I do has any eternal value.  In fact nothing I do has any real value at all.  So then what is the point in living if nothing matters.

No I am not really depressed, and I am not suicidal.  Just questioning what I do in life that matters, and what has eternal value.

I talked to God about this last night, and well the only answer I received to all of this is that I have value because God loves me.  But I did not receive any ideas about what to do with my life, or job now.  I also didn't get answers to where I should serve.

But on this other website, it was recommended that since I do like to communicate in the written form, and I do struggle with Mental Illness, that I combine that with my faith, and write a devotional for the mentally ill.  But I'm not sure that my writing is good enough for that.

But the thought was that it would give me a greater purpose.  What do you think?

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...