Sunday, February 19, 2012

Love for Jesus, or duty & obligation

And Jesus replied to them, It is not those who are healthy who need a physician, but those who are sick.  ~Luke 5:31

In my reading this morning, this verse stuck out to me.  It's true, it is those who are sick that need Jesus.  Those who have sinned and those who have problems, not those who think that they have it all together.  I've been thinking a lot lately about Love and Jesus.

Wondering how to get love for Jesus into my heart...how to get that Jesus really loves me from head knowledge to heart revelation.  How is it that we come to love Jesus, madly, passionately, Love Jesus?  Not just accept that Jesus is, and that we believe Jesus for good things...but an all out love for Jesus.

I'll be honest, I've been saved, and I am a Christian, but I'm not in love with Jesus.  In fact, honestly, there are many times that I forget to consult Jesus about my day, my plans, my dreams.  It's sad to say but it's too easy to go about my day caught up in my problems and never giving Jesus or eternity much thought.

I try to do right, and I try to do devotions, and read through the bible in a year or two, and do the things that religion requires of us.  I'm trying to get through the readings and I want to do devotions, but my prayer time is about non-existent, and I'm not passionate about any of it.  I want to get closer to Jesus...but I'm not sure how to move to doing it from a sense of obligation or duty, to doing it from a sense of love and longing for more of Him.

Tell me how do you get there from here?



LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...