Thursday, August 13, 2009

Things I have learned from the various career tests and personality tests

This is a post on the things that I have learned from the various career tests and personality tests that I have taken lately to try and gain perspective on what I would like to do with my future and, hopefully finding a position that I can enjoy and keep for awhile. I've found some things that should have been common sense but were not and other things that I didn't really give a lot of thought to before. I am an ISFJ, on the myer briggs personalities.

I like/am/have:


  • Working and being alone
  • Very specific and detailed in communications (written and Verbal)
  • Want to know what I am getting into before I commit
  • A communicator with a need to make a difference in the lives of others
  • Strong sense of right and wrong
  • Good at organization, dependability, detail
  • Interested in ideas, concepts
  • Work under supervision (should avoid work of an independant nature)
  • Helping people with problems
  • Thinking deeply
  • To understand why and How
  • Want to know the significance and details
  • diagnosing and analyzing
  • Concerned with innovation and documentation
  • Manage by planning and controlling
  • Managing style is self-directed and systematic
  • Want to be self-reliant and accountable
  • Value questioning and compliance
  • Follow personal reasoning and policy
  • Focus is input and procedures
  • Want to have time to assess and boundaries
  • Dominant abilities are Caring and Serving
  • Quiet and reflective
  • Prefer reading & reflection to action.

I also learned that:

  • Motivational traits
    • Dedicated Motivation
    • Helping/Kindness
    • Need for Harmony
    • Attachment to the familiar

  • Moderate Motivation
    • Attention to Detail
    • non~social
    • theoretical
    • Visual/artistic
    • Literary/communicative
  • Vocational Traits
    • Dedicated Motivation
      • Personal Services
    • Strong Motivation
      • Elemental Work
    • Moderate Motivation
      • Clerical
      • Medicine/Health
      • Counseling/Guidance
      • Art/Fine Arts
      • Writing/Journalism

Desire to serve others

  • Methodical & Accurate worker often with very good memories and unexpected analytical abilities
  • Also good with people in small groups or one to one situations

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...